Monday, July 29, 2013

Vintage and Reclaimed Glass Garden Art

Very popular now is yard art created from vintage and new glassware. I found some glassware at yard sales, but most at Goodwill stores.  I've made several pieces and it's been a lot of fun.  Here is what 'unassembled' yard art looks like.









It took over my kitchen (work area) and dining room (finished pieces) for awhile, so I added a table in the garage. Here are photos of finished pieces.  They are totems, wall art, small pot art, mushrooms, birdbaths, birdfeeders, and staked suncatchers.  Below on the left has an oil lamp on top.





I love the flower-shaped bowls and plates as they guarantee you have something blooming all season.


Plates can be hung on the wall or set among the plants or patio furniture.


Colored glass has been elusive, so I resorted to painting the glass then baking it in the oven. I used that technique on the pink mushroom, the red topper, and the bowl of the red bird bath.



The purple and green totem on the right is a bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment